View Single Post
Old March 3, 2023, 09:42 AM
Administrator

Default Jaded about copywriters? HOW DARE YOU SIR?!!??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dien Rice View Post
Hi Gordon,
I'm a little bit "jaded" on the copywriting stuff (too)...
While it is important, I do believe it is less important than the offer, and the whole structure of the deal (which can include payment plans, etc)...
Regarding "power" words... What about for the (legitimate) business opportunity market?
Best wishes!
Dien

Words? Like suffer. Used by hypesters for medical issues. I have diabetes, I do NOT suffer from it. I suffer from acute misophonia.

A big mistake, and discovery, and I have DON ALM to thank for this one. Don may have been a little over the top with self praise, but, he did walk the walk too. Anyhow, my discovery.

Selling businesses MORE BUSINESS, more customers, more traffic, more profits.

Biggest mistake made was starting with something like, "Would you like to get more ________ ^^^^any of the above?

See any questions or beginnings which start with telling a business owner there is a way to get more^^^^^^ here is what happens...

The RAS goes on high alert, two burly Marines, snap to attention, and the first thing these guys think of is NOT how, NOT the interest in learning what you have to offer or what you can do or KNOW to help them...

NO, THE first thing is...HOW MUCH? What is the COST of this?

Most never understand this. Telling a prospect you are a salesperson, with these sort of words, is counter productive and often ends the sale before you even finish the pitch.

In Business Opportunity, the tried and tested, however their ineffectiveness...were/are: FREEDOM/Independence/Money/ and today...the over hyped, overused, over marketed LIFESTYLE.

When I see someone pitching LIFESTYLE, I run the other way.

Now there is inherently nothing wrong with these words, it is all about CONTEXT, and a lack of understanding the TARGET. A reason why old time Remote Direct Marketers could get rich on low % of responses was...

Sheer NUMBERS. If the universe was large enough, then a 3% was often good enough to start making moolah.

Legit business opportunity? HAS to match the offer to the Target, more important in this case than in most. This needs be a bulls eye, not just a hit somewhere on the target.

A Biz-Op for a 21 year old college student vs one for a 55 year old man. Or a stay at home mom vs. a single professional woman the same age??

MOM is a power word. What you want to be careful about is how you define that, it is better to let the reader fill in THEIR blanks on what it means. See, some moms don't want more time with the kid (yikes, how can that be??? am I crazy?)...maybe they want quality time...but also enough FREE time for themselves.

New parents are unaware of the time drain, they get better with the second kid cause they have the experience.

So saying a Biz-Op is going to give mom MORE TIME with her kid...may be the wrong message, wrong words to use here. If an artist or craft seller, more time to do their art would work better than more time with kid, SEE??

We have a lot of 50+ members here, fewer under 30, by far. But even then, one has to know more data, have the goods on their target.

A one size fits all LIFESTYLE business, which anyone can do, beginner to pro is going to be full of hype, BS, and copywriter nonsense.

The HEADLIGHT cleaning manual was targeted for older men, although we sold plenty to younger ones, it was presented as a part-time retirement business than any old fart could do. And Bud and I were the PROOF anyone could do it.

A short answer to your question, but I think you get the point. Consider the Agora type investment products, very targeted toward men with disposable income, the investor type. We know a lot about these folk, don't we? So, every BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY (legit) should have a promotion which matches the target's state of mind, and hit those 3 words and a phrase, needed to push them off the fence.

Hey, let's call this thread, THREE WORDS AND A PHRASE. The lazy copy writers way to fortune, foregoing the fame. Eh?

Gordon

Last edited by GordonJ : March 3, 2023 at 10:17 AM.