View Single Post
Old September 4, 2017, 12:24 PM
sandalwood

Default Re: Repurposing a discussion forum for lead generation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve MacLellan View Post
A small company I've done some web work for decided he wanted a forum. From my experience with my own, unless you have a number of members who are willing to post... most people interact with you on social media these days.

I was talking to him (Steven Omene -- not sure that's spelled right) yesterday. He said he finds the forum quite valuable. He's the only person posting to it, but he he uses it as kind of a billboard/timeline for sharing bits and pieces of information that couldn't be used for an article. Here is an example of a post to Twitter:

He runs a commercial cleaning company, but as he told me, people don't get real excited about cleaning topics. I can see that. When we have friends over, we don't sit around and talk about mopping the floor. Maybe if we had more beer....

He claims that by posting one tweet to Twitter about a series of posts on the forum about tax reforms, brought him in 200 new visitors over a 12 hour period and one new cleaning contract. I thought that might be just coincidence, but I don't really know....

Maybe it's a good idea... maybe some of you can benefit from doing something similar. It's a thought.

He hasn't been at this long, but if you want to see it for yourselves you can see his forum here: https://purifyofficecleaningedmonton.com/community/

Anyone else trying something like this?

Regards
Steve

Steve,

If I read his numbers correctly, he has 212 members. For his particular topic that seems like a huge success. Yes, he posts relevant information but, my gosh, a cleaning topics forum. Congrats to him and thanks to you for sharing.