View Single Post
Old April 10, 2015, 01:50 AM
Don Alm

Default Re: Where Gary Halbert was blind!

I was fortunate enough to know Gary and do business with him and learn some KEY Marketing stuff from him.

One thing not many people know is.....Gary got "overly rambunctious" with one project and had to spend 2 yrs in the slam. While there he wrote a sort of "Marketing Journal", jotting down everything he knew about Sales, Marketing & Promotion.

He did this to give to his son when he got out.....called "The BORON Letters".

Gary gave me a copy and I've referred to it often.

Gary could create a Full Page Ad .....run it in a Newspaper and get a HUGE response. He was Tova Borgnine's (Ernies wife) marketing guy for her cosmetic line. I first met him when he came to Colorado to do the marketing for a large furniture store that had the street in front of their store torn up for 3 months. Gary helped that biz not only survive but thrive. His ads in the Denver Post were Classics.

I attended one of his Marketing Seminars at his Florida office. The same one where I first met Bill Myers (another great marketing guy) This was back in 1996 when the internet was getting up and running. During the seminar Gary would post an ad on a Forum...with the phone number at the seminar and.....we all watched in amazement when, a few minutes later....calls began coming in. Absolutely amazing.

And Gary phoned me when he bought Lloyd Bridges boat that was used in Lloyd's TV Series ... Sea Hunt. He was Sooo excited.

Yup....Gary was terrible at managing money. He'd be almost broke then get a Hot Flash" and collect $25,000 or more. He knew how to charge and get BIG Buz from clients.

Thanks for mentioning Gary...he was a master at writing Sales Letters.

Don Alm