View Single Post
Old July 9, 2019, 07:59 AM
Administrator

Default I once read a lot of Shakespeare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
There's a lot of truth to what you said about things being different a half century (or more) ago. I've been wanting to read "The Robert Collier Letter Book" for a long time. I bought the Kindle version not too long ago (I *love* Kindle). I set a goal to read the book by July 15th. (I set the goal a few months ago.)

I started reading the book about a week or so ago. I doubt I'll hit my goal date. Two weeks is usually plenty of time for me to read a book. Not this one. That book is some tough sledding.

(Dien, probably about as hard as quantum physics. &#128522

Rick

Friends, Romans, Countrymen...still the best sales pitch one can read.

Schwartz is my fav copy writer of all time, almost impossible to read. One thing I learned over time was...

and 7 Steps is a perfect example...

that genius can often NOT tell others how to!

Of course 7 Steps to Freedom II was written by several people and you can see and read the voice changes throughout, Shakespeare may or may not have been a compilation too, albeit...in the same voice.

I think Schwartz, if he wrote his books himself, was just too smart, and like many eggheads, can't dumb down their work for the masses.

Best bet, like Rick does, is collect their work and study it, and take a lot of their HOW THEY DID IT, with a large grain of salt.

Sort of like Golf. Watch all the Tiger Woods and Jack Nicklaus video you want, read all their books on how they do it, and know, for a FACT, you ain't ever getting close to what they did.

Maybe modeling works for Tony Robbins, "do what I did, get what I got" Tony, the 100 million a year man.

But in copywriting, one hit wonders can make a lot of moolah, and some were able to get into the hall of fame...but few, very few could teach others how they could be just like them.

Good news is, one doesn't have to be or do like ANYONE else, find a voice, test, test, test and TODAY...BE prepared to try different ways.

GordonJ