View Single Post
Old July 6, 2009, 11:35 PM
Onwards and upwards!

Default Re: TOTALLY SUDDEN (+ troublesome) mindset shift - anyone else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by -TW View Post
Friends are a good way to find support.

Problem is, in this case, I'm not quite sure if my 'friends' will lead me in the correct direction. As I said in my op, my 'friends' all are firm believers in 'entrepreneurial stuff' -- and maybe THAT'S the problem!

Are THEY on the right track -- or are they just 'kool aid' drinkers (deluded people)?

That's the fundamental question.

Is the key to ultimate satisfaction + success to follow the entrepreneurial path? Or is that really the road to hell (financially) in disguise?

What good does it do to get directions from people who live in la-la land? Are they just pulling me back into the bucket?
Hi TW,

First, I'll just mention, I'm coming out of a bit of a "dark time" myself... Several things "went wrong" within a short time period. Then... Just yesterday, one thing fixed itself. Something happened that showed me the road to fix one of the things, and I figured out how we'll fix the 3rd thing that went wrong.Today, the last thing will (hopefully) be on the road to being fixed...

(The last thing that went wrong, by the way, is my laptop. My laptop went kaput! Aargh! But... Luckily, I had just backed it up a few days before it did! I hadn't backed it up for months, then thought, it's about time I backed it up on my external hard drive. Thank goodness for that, since it could have been much worse! I'm writing this on an "older", slower laptop... But at least I have all my data on my external hard drive backup! I'm taking my regular laptop in for repairs today...)

As to whether your friends are leading you in the wrong direction... Are they successful entrepreneurial friends? If not, that doesn't mean you should "ditch" them... But, get yourself some additional entrepreneurial friends who have had some success... Their "counsel" may prove itself to be more valuable...

Successful entrepreneurs are all around. Some have had "more" success than others, but successful entrepreneurs are really not that hard to find. They're in your community, they're at seminars and conferences (not only on stage, but also in the audience), they may even be distant relatives or old "long-lost" (ready to be re-found) high school friends, they're probably emailing you stuff (if you're on their mailing list), heck, they're even in this forum...

If you want to know how to find very successful entrepreneurs, get one of Thomas Stanley's books, "Marketing to the Affluent", "Selling to the Affluent", and/or "Networking with the Affluent"... (I have the first two books, but not the third...)

Of course, every relationship has to be "win/win" for it to work...

Cheers,

Dien