View Single Post
Old January 8, 2018, 10:26 AM
Administrator

Default It is why I met with an app developer last week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donsonic View Post
Sowpub Readers,

At the bottom line...

B2B selling is not dead. It's a "mindset" going on here. Just like MLM and Network Marketing selling, many folks/people are going to AVOID IT like the plague. I was on the train last week full of people. HUNDREDS. 95% of them were on the phone talking or texting with that BLUE GLOW on their faces. The other 5% were reading. I was one of the only ones looking at what was going on. I also pointed it out to someone beside me. She stopped and talked to me for a few minutes and went right back to texting on her phone. Sorry to say we're in a completely different environment from 20-30 years ago. There's the age of BF-AF. Before phone, after phone. TODAY, you'll have a hard time getting anyone to do face to face marketing. That's just the reality of it all. Even todays hard core B2B commissioned sales people are using social media, LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter. I'm on it every day. Again, the direct sales mindset is DEAD. B2B selling has gone DIGITAL just like everything else. Knocking on doors...NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. It's an ERA relegated to the past.

Happy New Year for all Sowpubbers.

With utmost respect,

Donnie Dixon

Thanks Donnie,

I'm not going to learn how to develop apps, but I will hire someone, and last week I met with just such a person to discuss it.

You just observed the phenomenon I call, The Age of the External Brain.

Over the Holidays we wanted to go see a movie, so my daughter whips out her phone and in seconds tells me what is playing, where and when, and then can instantly tell me what it is about, who is in it and the rotten tomato score.

Likewise, any little piece of trivia or even HOW TO can be quickly accessed in our External Brains.

NO need for much study in everday areas. Want to know how to make a souffle, just youtube it on your external brain.

Well, we old timers can either lament the times of personal engagement, OR join in. Which is why I talked to the app developer.

Working on a few apps from my core: cooking, golf, selling and persuasion.

A POCKET PRO for any situation, if the home computer was our first generation external brains, we are now in the Dick Tracy area of small portable TV/Radio studios, multi-channel communications and instant library knowledge...

let's cash in. Things aren't going to go the other wayl are they?

GordonJ

PS. Also, they person WILLING to go out and talk to people, will, in my opinion, always be able to make their moolah with something to sell.