View Single Post
Old February 8, 2002, 10:09 AM
mitch

Default OK, Here's my Script...What do You Think?

Gordon and Readers,

OK, here's my new script. I originally asked for input on a headline for a sales letter. Gordon graciously provided input and I got so excited about the potential I developed a phone script instead.

You see i've always been afraid of cold calling and using the phone so it's time to bite the bullet and grow up. With Gordon's input I somehow gained confidence and don't want to waste time, paper and stamps. So instead i'll just call on local businesses in my area directly.

Here's the plan. Dun & Bradstreet list thousands of potential businesses in my area with their owners/presidents, sales volume, # of employees, competition, etc. Per Gordon's instructions I will use this info to make my call to the owner/president. Below is my script. Please provide your inputs.

Gordon, once again, thanks.

“Mr. Smith,

My name is Mitch Austin, we have never met but I’m the president of the Leadership Management Institute here in Palm Beach County.

I know your busy so I’ll make this brief.

I was just reading about local companies in Dunn & Bradstreet and noticed that you and your 75 employees at Omni Products had gross sales of $10,000,000 last year. On a productivity basis that’s $133,333 of productivity per employee. That’s quite an accomplishment in today’s competitive office equipment sales environment. And it truly exemplifies the type of leadership we here at Leadership Management applaud.

Mr. Smith let me ask you a question. Imagine for a moment, if you could add 20% more, well trained employees to your staff at NO cost. Do you think your company’s productivity and profits would go up?

Of course it would. But Mr. Smith, you don’t have to add anyone because over the last 35 years we have found that each of your current employees is worth at least 20% more productivity than they are currently producing.

In fact some of your top competitors have productivity per employee ratios as high as $247,000 per employee. That’s 85% higher than yours. Mr. Smith, would you like to know what they are doing and how you can use that same leverage to increase your productivity and profits?

I’ll be in your area next week so I’ll stop by for about 20 minutes and we’ll talk. I have Tuesday at 3PM available. See you then.”