View Single Post
Old February 19, 2012, 05:01 PM
Administrator

Default How to make magic happen the scientific way...

First off,

We SowPubbers are a smart group of people, just ask us.

We have the answers. Well, most of us anyhow.

Me, one of the first SowPubbers, I have the questions, although 12 years of posts may seem like I'm a know it all...HA!

I do know a few things...experience, and the advice that comes from it...is almost always anecdotal...

Personal. From the trenches. What WE have done, felt and believe.

Dr. Rice, the other First SowPubber brought a scientific background to the table...research, scientific curiosity coupled with testing and repeatable results.

Truth is, all the magic of salesmanship, mind power, Mental Science (the extreme oxymoron)...and ALL books on magic, religion and manifestation come to use via anecdotes or metaphors.

Many years ago, I asked Dr. Rice to read a few books. Magical. Mystical. Amusing to a scientist perhaps. I'm not sure he read any of them, but on my list was:

Tested Sentences that Sell. I do know Dien has a library of Elmer Wheeler stuff including a rare video of Elmer.

Other works I mentioned included:

Cyclomancy by Frank Rudolph Young, and to pay attention about Nerve Gap power... more on this in a moment.

The Secret of Perfect Living by James Mangan.
As a Man Thinketh by James Allen.
Psycho-Pictography by Vernon Howard
Power of Your Subconscious Mind by Joseph Murphy
Secret of the Ages by Robert Collier
Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill

All of these are magical, mystical and as unscientific as you can find.

Also, I encouraged our resident physicist to read Paul G. Thomas' book, Advanced Psycho-Cybernetics.

Cyclomancy and Advanced Psycho-Cybernetics are the only two built upon SOME solid sciences. Cyclomancy talked about neurotransmitters and the chemistry of the brain, and Thomas taught about the RASCON Reticular Activating System, the bodyguards of sensory input.

Even in the rare SCIENTIFIC approaches, such as Cialdini's INFLUENCE, we find (especially in the first editions) a heavy reliance on ANECDOTAL events and observations he made while undergoing or researching various sales strategies and such.

So, we SowPubbers come in a variety pack of success and education and we see the occassional

it is this way, NO, IT is that way...each bringing their experiences to the table...

and their BELIEFS.

And it reminds me of something Jim Straw wrote about many years ago, Who is the most beautiful woman in the world?

Along with, "all of them are right and all of them wrong" when discussing what something was ALL about.

We, by our nature, tend to chop ideas into storable bits of information which become cliches.

OK Gordon, enough BS, tell me how to make magic happen...the scientific way...

OK, I will.

Here is a definition of Magic I lifted from Wikipedia:

Magic is the art of ostensibly manipulating aspects of reality either by supernatural means or through knowledge of occult laws unknown to science.[1] Magic has been practiced in many cultures, and utilizes ways of understanding, experiencing and influencing the world somewhat akin to those offered by religion, though it is sometimes regarded as more focused on achieving results than religious worship.[2] Magic is often viewed with suspicion by the wider community, and is commonly practiced in isolation and secrecy.

And the definition of Science from the same source:

Science (from Latin scientia, meaning "knowledge") is a systematic enterprise that builds and organizes knowledge in the form of testable explanations and predictions about the universe.

Ostensible manipulation of realtiy vs testable explanations

What is reality? HMMM. Probably save this for a future discussion.

We know of LAWS.

Dien Rice could tell you of Newton's. Einsteins. Scientific laws, as we know them today.

And then there are the LAWS of manifestation (as in the SECRET), or LAWS of success via Napoleon Hill.

And then there are Gordon's laws:

What works for you, works for you.
What works for ME, may or may not work for you.

Nows to reveal one of my most closely guarded secrets, look out, I'm about to spill some beans (not the good Anasazi kind however)...

Honestly, sincerely, respectfully...

I don't care about what works for you, UNLESS it involves ME.

And there you have several secrets and laws rolled into one sentence.

You're welcome.

Your prospects want WHAT they want. Give it to them, or don't.

Argue with their logic, their emotions, their stupidity...and you are left with your arguments. Right in your mind, but not in theirs.

Call upon a lifetime of belief of your religion.
Use the accumulated knowledge of your studies.
Have a formula, a cheat sheet, a guideline that WORKS FOR YOU...and then use it.

I refer back to my SQ1 Triad, one of the first posts on SowPub...which sums up a large part of my WHAT WORKS.

Doubt is the shadow of your fear.
Confidence is the reflection of your experience.

Action is the revelation of your belief.

The way to make MAGIC happen in your life, with the REPEATABLE RESULTS of science is...

do what has worked for you.

Do it again. Again. And again.

Refine it. Adjust it. Repeat it.

Know what you want. Why. ACT. Adjust. Continue. Manifest.

Tools which help your magic act are: Written goals. Time lines. Time management. Use of knowledge. Other people's, time, money, experience, skills, talents, resources as levers.

And an attitude of appreciation you can even think...with a positive expectation of the result along with

Last edited by GordonJ : February 19, 2012 at 06:31 PM.