View Single Post
Old July 27, 2017, 04:09 PM
Robert J.

Default Re: What do you want....from us?

I think it is interesting that Gordon started this thread with the subject line: "What do you want from us?"

Maybe something like this would be better suited: "What can you do for us?"

I have been a fan/follower/lurker of this board for a long time. A long time, indeed. I have been inspired and motivated to no end ... this board bears no responsibility for my lack of action or success!

As much as I can tell, even though I've been here for many a moon, it is most likely that I miss the true Glory Days of the Sowpub experience.

The names of folks who have posted in this forum ... wow! Hall of Fame of Marketing-style Wow!

In recent years, the board has kind of fizzled out. Died like a camp fire at the end of a long evening.

Every once in a while, Gordon has returned to try to breath life back into this once-great forum. It always seems to work for a while, but quickly it becomes obvious: It's only the same people commenting, and eventually the discussion just burns up all its oxygen.

Gordon is tired. He's given his all to this project for more years than he ever planned (I would suspect).

At this point, the question should be: What can ... what will ... those of us who stop by to read (lurkers?) willing and able to lend to the conversation.

It isn't enough to comment on Gordon's posts (as great as those conversations can be).

Wouldn't it be great if more people took half the effort Gordon has given? Start a conversation once in a while. Post something interesting you've seen or read about in the WSJ, or Entrepreneur, or anywhere!

Mention a business you've seen locally. What's their secret sauce? Do they have a leg up on the market? What is it? And why do you think it works? (Or maybe why do you think it doesn't work?)

I can't say I'm going to "do as I say" here. I'd love to be able to say I'll start three or four threads a week. Unfortunately, I've got no street cred. I got nothin' but questions when it comes to biz. I'm a looker, not a doer.

But I'm going to try to keep an open mind. When I'm chasing shiny objects on the Web, if I see something interesting ... I'll try to come here and rub some sticks together ... see if we can't get a little smolder of a fire going.

Ask not what Sowpub can do for you ...