View Single Post
Old April 15, 2009, 08:42 PM
Sandi Bowman

Default Re: It's a fine line between (some things I've noticed)...

Well, I think a lot depends upon what has gone before, if there's a relationship there between us, or if the person is known for their excitedness and enthusiasm, I might forgive a bit of excess but I wouldn't depend upon that happening too often. I'd probably just unsubscribe and/or walk away.

As for the friendship offer, if we 'know' each other enough to make such an overture, sure (assuming I like the other person at that point and haven't heard any off-putting news about them). If there is no such background, it would put me on alert as to 'what do they really want from me' kind of alert. I enjoy having good friends but I detest those who profer friendship for what they think they can get out of you. Hustling is for the hustlers, not for friends and those I wish to establish a business relationship with.

The garbage thing, well, I distrust anyone who comes across saying something so broad, sweeping and generalized. I may read on but it will be with a skeptical stance and probably will not continue for long unless they have some pretty substantial reasoning and back up.

There is a very fine line between truly heartfelt stance and rabble rousing. Sometimes one has a tough time staying on the rational side if one feels strongly about an issue. That I can forgive, usually. What I have trouble forgiving is the 'anything to get a rise out of people' baloney. Life's too short to put up with the latter so I eliminate them from my life AMAP.

Sandi Bowman