View Single Post
Old October 16, 2008, 05:31 AM

Default Re: Technicalities are where the answers lie

Quote:
People die daily. But to say they otherwise shouldn't have, is to place one person's life above another's for no other reasons than the Manner of their death.

Ankesh, probably the Biggest Killer on the planet is Pneumonia. I don't see a pneumonia awareness week/day. I don't see a blog action day (B.A.D.) where a bunch of good-guy badge seekers write on ridding the world of pneumonia.

Thanks Michael.

Im confused. You think there should be a B.A.D for pneumonia? Or not? Should awareness be raised or not?

I understand that there are 101 things wrong with the world. But saying that we shouldn't work on 1 just because we can't work on all together doesn't make sense to me.

I think raising awareness is a good thing. Even if it doesn't always lead to the desired outcome. (For eg: I doubt that we will eradicate poverty completely because of yesterdays blogging by a few thousand people.)

You know my take on global warming. I don't really care if its man made or natural. All I care about is it causes hurricanes and floods - which kills people. And if we can change and control nature better than before, we should.

Saying let people die and property be destroyed because global warming is a natural occurance - is flippant to me.

People die daily. True. But to say that we should let them die... no sir I can't agree with that notion.