View Single Post
Old April 14, 2017, 03:24 PM

Lightbulb You can call it Applied Chatteling but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post
Well, if it is of a monetary nature, you begin at the end, the TRANSACTION.

Thank you for the very detailed response.

I'm trying to delve into Barter/Trade applying tips I learned from The Chattel Report and BJ Fuller's Barter Secrets.

My expected positive end-result is to have a network of ready buyers so deals get easier to flip/cash-convert.

I must admit: my thinking has not be as structured as you outlined.

- No clear pre-flight checklist
- Not "looking for barking dogs before you encounter them…all this before you take off"

So all I've done so far is send out cold emails based on the "Mr Feldbush Script" on page 39 of The Chattel Report. Good response rate, more like "Yeah, we'll get back to you".

Now I see that I didn't factor follow-up into my plans. So I just let things sit there. My bad.

So NO network of buyers built, which -by my estimation- is a CRUCIAL part of the barter/trade game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post
As for the end of research and the DO part...it might appear on the timeline when you do this chain of events. OR, in many cases, when a DEADLINE is set.

The problem is: maybe I've had a lot of misguided optimism about how things would pan out. I got ZERO response to the suggested ads in the BJ Fuller book, asking for excess inventory. Again, I didn't factor in that ads may bomb and there could be the need to tweak things, brainstorm options...

Please what else do you think I'm missing?