View Single Post
Old August 13, 2017, 01:11 PM
Onwards and upwards!

Default Re: Specialty Products vs Info Products.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post
The SCI filing caused a discussion. And I think Ben would do well going back to his roots, paper and ink.

However, there is a perception that Specialty Products, like the EdenPure heaters, are a more valuable way to profit. So, my simple question to all of you, is this:

Consider a heater made in China, shipped here, transported to Ohio, stocked, sold, returns/refunds, and keeping supply. VS.

A guy dictating his stock market forecasts. Which do you think has the higher profit margins? Well it really is more about a big company with overhead and employees vs a small guy with all the control vs the 400 pound gorilla with layers of staff and scores of employees. Redundant by choice to make a point!
Hi Gordon,

Very interesting post!

Regarding info-products vs. manufactured products...

Your expenditure is so much more with manufactured products, which means higher risk. If you fail, you'll fail big and lose a lot of money.

However, if you write a newsletter and nobody subscribes... Well, you've lot some time, but not much money. You can live to "fight" another day, and do it again!

How about "toll positions?"

With a manufactured product, I think there is more scope for toll positions... The potential to patent it (though that's not cheap), as well as toll positions relating to distribution, and so on.

An info-product is generally automatically copyrighted... But... You can't copyright an idea. So anyone can write about the same topic, as long as they use different words...

Check out my upcoming book, "The 3-Hour Work Month!"

(Just kidding!)

I've always loved words, so it's a "no-brainer"... Though as you know, I've gotten my hands into other things too (you win some, you lose some)...!

Thanks Gordon,

Dien