View Single Post
Old December 3, 2011, 09:10 PM
Administrator

Default Hot Dogs, Sno-Cones, Popcorn and the Beach

Next UP, California Beaches from San Diego to Los Angeles, and then, in the Summer from Tolstoy to Tinkerbell, Down from Berkely to Carmel...(Paul Simon-Cloudy)

I'm about to shut down for the holidays, pack my bags and head to San Diego where I plan to set up the first Square One Workshops in one of those shared office spaces and begin training people in thSQ1...

but in the spirit of George Haylings and our own Dien Rice, I'll be checking out the beaches and when not being dazzled by S. CA beauties, I'll be looking at small and/or low cost businesses to get into...

if you don't get Dien's newsletter...

http://www.hiddenbusinessideas.com/

you should.

I have a list of people to check out, hot dog vendors, popcorn (one guy gives it away for free next to HIS soda (pop) machine, and nut and snack vendors, etc.

Anyone making a few bux or plenty of bux is on my radar screen. I remember the guy in Long Beach many many years ago who only sold hamburgers from 11 to 1:30 and always sold out...neat little momma and poppa operations, one man bands...artists, buskers, street performers

and maybe even a guy or two who owns licenses or has cool toll positions...all coming to a SowPub near you.

If you live in CA, invite me over, we'll have a double ANCHOY pizza for lunch. HA!

Regarding Dien's post about observing and seeing opportunity around us...today, I got some hot chocolate at a little HUT in the parking lot next door and talked to the owner...she's been at it a year, THRIVING and hopes to add another location this year...

She has a coffee drive through...a

http://javadavescoffee.com/

NEAT operation, get into it for 500 bux, up to 5k. Not your usual 50k franchise operation...it is a licensed program...

Which reminds me, one of our silent but intelligent and successful members is working on a little report about low cost franchises and low cost licensing programs...and this guy knows what he's talking about...

He is an expert on franchising, in fact owned a couple, owns a couple of licensed products...so when he speaks, listen up.

I sent him the link to Java Dave, hoping he would include it in the report.

My experience here in New Mexico has been interesting, from Rattle Snakes and Black Widow Spiders, skunks, scorpions and centipedes...

I'm ready for some jelly fish and man of war and maybe even a coastal shark (unless he grows leg, he's gonna have a hard time getting me)...

in other words, I'm ready for the NEXT adventure and San Diego here I come. May go back to Ohio or FL for the Holidays (probably FL) or may go straight home to San Diego...

Still have work to do here, but we're winding this one up and for my part, putting it to sleep. I think Boz did great with the manual, and for an old dog, he picked up a new trick or two for his next project...and I certainly learned a lot too.

So much to look forward to...

Dien will continue to find those hidden ideas...
Boz will perfect his headlight cleaning and go to his next...

Phil will continue (hopefully) to be the SowPub birddog pointing us to great research we are too lazy to do ourselves...

Members will continue to surprise us, tease, tantalize and even titillate us over their discoveries and finds, baffle and befuddle with their own secret language and overall, advance the forum down the road.

One

Last edited by GordonJ : December 3, 2011 at 09:48 PM.