View Single Post
Old April 15, 2017, 09:18 AM
Administrator

Default Part 5, the gears (modified)

So, in terms of Harvey Brody thinking.

A- View from the rooftop. Flight Plan. Preflight checklist. Course correction.

B. People. Work with only #1 type. Avoid 2, 3 and 4s.

C. Shift to higher gears.

Today, at last talk, Harvey was operating on a 6th or 7th gear level.

I may get these a little different from what is in the course, but feel free to make your own gear levels, OK?

First gear: YOU. Selling curb painting door to door. You selling and providing the service.

Second gear: You selling curb painting, others do the work.

Third gear: You let someone sell, and someone else do. You MANAGE.

Fourth gear: You replicate, you let others manage, in different locations. You leverage the management.

Fifth gear: Toll Position. You stand between supply and demand.

Sixth gear: Toll Control: You own the supply. Leverage.

7th....interesting and rare: You have a double sided sword, being a conduit between supply and demand, and getting both sides to pay you and you keep getting a % of both ends. RARE, but very powerful.

Now over the years, I've talked to guys who say they have a ONE gear thing, that is a TOLL Booth. And they let others do the gears. A popular artist might only create, and let others do the mundane and she collects a royalty.

As part of an analysis of a business and included in the THINKING stage is the potential for shifting gears at an accelerated rate. HOW fast can you go from the guy painting curbs to the guy selling a BizOP on painting curbs to the supplier of all things curb painting?

Many successful Entrepreneurs work hard to get their businesses to a higher gear, few PLAN it out in the start-up. Sometimes, the gears shift you, ala Mark Zuckerberg.

Gordon Jay

PS. Well, that's all for now, feel free to ask questions, post comments and/or just let this thread roll off the page, whatever you want. I feel I've answered the original question.