View Single Post
Old November 17, 2017, 12:50 PM
Administrator

Default Lesson 1, Pareto principle, and MMO. Off the rack doesn't fit most.

You've heard of the 80/20 principle, it is not a Law, or a fact or a RULE. It is an idea, a concept, a principle.

My very generous and conservative estimate is 80% of all people who invest in Make Money Opportunities FAIL to make any money.

My 50 years of unscientific anecdotal experience says, more like 94 out of 100 fail, and include MLM, Network starts, and WSO type IM things, and it exceeds 99 of 100.

But at 94...of the over 300 Headlight Cleaning manuals Bud Riggs sold for 97 bux, I can't think of 18 people who actually made any money doing it, and of those, I know of no one still at it. Just one tiny example.

WHY? Why do so many fail? It sometimes is because of the opportunity, but as often as not, it is because the Opportunity is A POOR match to the buyer.

It is an ill fitting off the rack suit, when the person needs something custom tailored to meet their needs.

One size does not fit all. And this goes across the board, to almost every money making opportunity there is. Why do some guys, like the Flea Market Flipper do so well with chatteling, while most don't even get started?

Because it suits him and his wife. If you have a spouse who is opposed to the MMO, you are probably doomed from the start.

Buying and selling is the fastest and easiest money making opportunity there is, but it probably doesn't suit 94 of 100 because of the people contact.

Recently I've been playing around with a few tools.

A combo of aptitude testing and personality testing to see what sort of a Money Making Opportunity suits a person. It isn't perfected, but here are two of the elements you can test for yourself:

https://www.whatcareerisrightforme.c...itude-test.php

and

https://www.careerfitter.com/free_test/careerbuilder

Quick and easy, free, and takes about 10 mins for both, go give em a try, just 2 of a dozen things...see how accurate they are, or not.

Now, I add in Natal Chart and first 12 years of living, where did you spend your childhood, and what does your chart tell you if anything?

One thing I've learned over the decades, too many people SAY things they don't really mean, when it comes to answering Q. 1- What do you want? They answer in concepts, like financial freedom and very few can say what they want.

I use the Harvey Brody VIEW FROM THE ROOFTOP, to look at one year down the road, to see what all five paths look like, but I always begin with MONEY because it is the easiest to define and to set goals on. But if making the amount of money SUITS you, if the MMO is custom designed for you, it makes it easier, more passionate and more likely to be stuck with to completion, all the while knowing the View is not the destination, but a stop along your life line journey.

Pick an opportunity which utilizes your aptitudes, skills, experiences and the money seems to roll in like magic, choose an off the rack solution because some guru hired a crafty, hot button pushing copywriter which made it sound so easy, and you are probably going to be in the 94 who FAIL. EH?

Your thoughts, if any?

GordonJ