View Single Post
Old December 21, 2006, 03:42 PM
Don Alm

Default Re: Need Promotion Advice, Please

Actually....I just checked my local area Car Dealers in the YP and thru a friend who builds and hosts a lot of websites here. 10 years after the internet really got going...MOST Used Car Dealers in MY area do NOT have an "internet presence".

I think that NOWADAYS these dealers DO REALIZE the internet is HERE to stay and is a good way to help them sell cars.

I believe if you can put together a "Community Cars" site....you could get at least $200 a month from each participating USED Car Dealer. With just TEN dealers paying you $2500/mo.

Heck....if you simply offer to stop by their lot and take photos of their new stock and upload to your site....I'll bet you could get $25 per vehicle. Visit each dealer once a week.

The USED Car market around here is still strong. Taking photos of 4 USED Car Dealer's cars a Day (20 photos a day)....could put $500 in your pocket a DAY. Start out by charging $25 per car for 1 to 3 cars....$15/car for 4 or more.

You could even hire a high school kid and have him take the pictures for $5 a shot.

This gets my ol' "juices flowing".

The OPPORTUNITY IS THERE! Here's why;
A project like this takes "Personal Contact". MOST people nowadays do NOT want to make "personal calls". They'd rather eat dog doo.
This leaves the potential market pretty much WIDE OPEN....for people who do NOT mind making "personal Calls".

And it's really NOT that tough. Put together a presentation showing;
a) How they can benefit
b) What you will do for them
c) How much you will charge

Then just GO SEE YOUR PROPECTS! They WON'T BITE YOU!

Don Alm

Don Alm