View Single Post
Old April 1, 2015, 03:18 PM
palmanator

Default Anyone Care To "Kick" Around This Idea?

I have been away from the forum for many years, and due to a number of life changes - I now have a lot of time to pursue ideas - compared to years ago.

Anyway, one of my recent ones is... a laminated 6x8 in card for display in cars on a car lot.

I have no idea if this is already being done - so if it is - I apologize.

I do know it ISN'T being done in my town - but it's a small town of around 30,000.

Anyway, I made up a "sample" to post here and see if anyone has any input.

The idea came from being the kind of buyer that HATES walking onto a car lot and getting hammered by a sales person.

So - when I'm "shopping" around for a vehicle, I go to a car lot when they are closed.

So - it occurred to me that IF there was one of these cards in the window or on the dash - I would scan it and get some additional of the details about the car.

Before I approach any dealers, I just wanted to see what y'all think.

I don't envision it being something the "big guy's" might want - but the small local guy's are the ones that I thought might be interested.

By the way - the QR code on the card can be changed at will - meaning it isn't a "use one time" sort of code.

The idea would be to make up maybe 25 of them - numbers 1001 to 1025.

Then - whenever the particular vehicle that card 1001 is being used for - sells - they just send you an email with a link to another vehicle - and you change the link to their web page that has the next car info on it.

The fees (and I'm just noodling this around - so this is just my first thoughts) would be on a "per card packet" size - meaning 1 to 25 cards might be X dollars, 26 to 50 would be Xplus, etc.

Now - here's the weaknesses I see thus far.

1.) Some of the smaller guys may not even have web pages built for their cars - so rather than trying to actually do that for them, I would just go to the ones that have pages.

2.) They could do it themselves - but as the case is with just about anything - there's always the fact that MOST things can be done - it's just that very few will actually - and consistently - do it.

I won't go on at this point - but just wanted to through it out there and see if it has any life - or if it just sucks like a Hoover vacuum cleaner.

John Palma

Again - I've been away for a long time - so if this has already been discussed and kicked to the trash heap - I apologize :-)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg QR-Car-Card-Rev-1.jpg (92.1 KB, 28 views)