View Single Post
Old September 19, 2009, 02:23 PM
Bozo

Default Ignore Everybody

I read this book sample last night, and ordered the book today. I'm not an affiliate for this book, just impressed.

Quote:
So you want to be more creative, in art, in business, whatever. Here are some tips that have worked for me over the years.

After reading the sample last night, I woke up early this morning with a dream still fresh in mind.

I was playing tennis and running to hit a high lob shot, looking back over my head tracking the ball. It looked like there was no way I could make the shot and I gave up on it. The next microsecond after giving up I realized that if I hadn't quit on it I could have made the shot.

My next thought was that I should just quit playing if I'm going to only take the easy shots. The next thought, just as I came awake, was that I'd better finish all the projects I've let slide or regret it from now on.

Quote:
9. Everybody has their own private Mount Everest they were put on this earth to climb.

You may never reach the summit; for that you will be forgiven. But if you don’t make at least one serious attempt to get above the snow-line, years later you will find yourself lying on your deathbed, and all you will feel is emptiness.

The author draws cartoons on the back of business cards. I enjoyed those too.