View Single Post
Old December 7, 2018, 10:16 AM
Administrator

Default Disclosure has begun. Trump an alien??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dien Rice View Post
Hi Gordon,

That was a great post! (We sure have some classics...!)

One thing that post made me think of...

Some people hate uncertainty. They want to have clear answers, know everything. They hate mystery. (I was just reading - often these are the kinds who join cults - because cults promise them all the answers...)

Other people are the opposite. They love mystery. Can’t get enough of them!

I certainly delved into this in the past, especially in my high school years. I loved reading about... the Loch Ness monster, Bigfoot, lucid dreaming, the mystery of the ancient Egyptian pyramids, the prophecies of Nostradamus, the puzzles of medieval alchemy, rediscovered ancient creatures long-thought extinct (like the coelacanth), and of course, whether ghosts and spirits are real... and so on...

There’s certainly money to be made by tapping into this curiosity! I’ve never done it... But it certainly could be fun...

Maybe we should do more with this...

Best wishes!

Dien

Yes, the archives are rich with ideas, and many folks contributed to those early days.

I like your idea of people who like mysteries and those who want certainty. Those are great jumping off points to build a business around. You mentioned cults, and as you know, I don't find the word to be negative.

Back in '85 I wrote a report, HOW TO START A CULT FOR FUN AND PROFIT. Some people have done it, some even using the word cult in their thing, as in THE CULT OF COPY, a Facebook group of over 25,000 followers of one "guru" of copywriting.

Pretty easy to get your 100k from 25k members, what, four bux each?

Anyhow, FOLLOWERS are one key, be they guys who wear big red noses for fun and profit to people who keep publishers like:

toolsforfreedom.com and others who have picked up the slack left with the demise of Loompanics and Paladin Press. Today, youtube has all the great conspiracy, alien, New World Order, etc., etc. mysteries of life stuff, and make no mistake, there is money to be made in these areas...

be they 51 or element 115.5 HA!

One thing about mysteries, I think there are those who have experienced some things, like seeing ghosts and Out of Body Experiences (ME), and those who haven't who tend to be more skeptical.

The imagination is the most powerful tool in the mind's arsenal, and when it is used, can be a dynamo of energy and power, much like the electro-magnetic anti-gravity device I once built in my basement, but alas, when I took it outside to test it, it flew into the heavens at incredible speed and was never seen again (I called it Vger).

Sure, we can explore mysteries. One that puzzles me is why so many people of talent and skill don't make better use of them. Why so much struggle when so many (and many of our members) have stored value and hidden assets in their brains but never get around to making them useful?

That is a big mystery to me.

Gordon