View Single Post
Old September 11, 2011, 11:02 AM
Skip Rosell

Default Re: An observation about Ad clicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir View Post
It seems the younger crowd is more likely to click on Ads than the older crowd.

My web site about modeling, which is targeted towards the teenage crowd, gets plenty of Ad clicks.

However, my site about earning money, which gets plenty of visitors and has an "Avg. Time on Site" of more than 5 minutes, gets almost negligible clicks.

-Samir

Hi Samir,

Thanks for asking about clicks on ads.

Thought you forgot about us since we had not heard from you in a while after a flurry of posts. Glad to hear all is well.

I'm no SEO expert, far from it but I notice your "make money site" is confusing as far as keywords. Here is what I see in your META keywords.

money, make money, top songs, free movies, healthy living

So Google and other search engines say ok "what is this page about?" Is it about "make money or is it about "songs?, Movies? Health? So if you use Adsense or Ad Choice they do not know what ads to show.

Even worst on your main page you have articles about "Sharper mind in 7 days" and "Natural allergy relief" that have nothing to do with "make Money.

Because of that and the words that are on the page the ads being served up when I go to your site are "dollar store business" "microsoft Office" "profitable franchise" and "NYC eWaste recycling"

Why would I click on THOSE ads if I'm looking for a small business to start like the Balloon business or the "Make money with Craigslist"?

You are targeting people that want to make money from a "Small" business but serving ads for "Big" business or not about business at all.

Keep each page on target. If you are sending people who are interested in a small business idea then only show those articles and put the other articles about Sharper mind and allergy relief on a different site. Or at the very least give just a link to those pages. I would remove them.

You are getting your visitors to stay longer on this site because it has some articles about Small Business Ideas, that they are reading, because that is what they are interested in. If you make each page focus on one category then the ads that are served up will match your visitors better and they will click on those ads.

Best of success,

Skip Rosell