View Single Post
Old October 30, 2020, 09:21 AM
Administrator

Default I don't know anything about your business, but in general...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePT View Post
Hi Gordon,

I agree with the information overwhelming.

That's why I try at all to stick with the classics: Hopkins, Ogilvy, Caples...

I stay with the classic appeals that John Caples talks on TESTED ADVERTISING METHODS. That's where I got the headline appeal "MEN: Have More Style That Your Neighboor". And seems working nice.

I really try to stick with the classics.

Thanks for the links. Interesting.

Thanks.

At etsy there is a vendor called FromMoMo with over 56,000 sales and they offer a custom made bracelet, and it appears they have sold around 6,000 of these at about 12 bux each. Or for that ONE product, maybe over 72,000 dollars. Their APPEAL is CUSTOMIZED.

This is very low end, costume type jewelry. Some call it fashion jewelry as opposed to FINE, with gold or silver or precious stones in it.

As stated, I know NOTHING about your market, but the appeals you use should match the market (by your price range).

Tens of thousands of dollars for diamond encrusted bracelets.

About 2500 upper end, to 250 for gifts, and below 100, mostly fashion or costume jewelry. These are arbitrary numbers. Whatever your market is, how you promote to them is determined by WHO they are and WHERE they are.

If they are fashion conscious, or gift buyers, or collectors, or however you segment them, then use an appeal which resonates with that. You already have one that is working. So, as I keep saying, use what works and expand it via selling more to the buyers list, or add ons or upsells, or whatever marketing methods you are using.

I believe the best marketing, the BEST appeal, is what is in it for them, and anyone selling anything needs to know their market as deeply and thoroughly as they can.

As for the classics, if they work for you, great. They may not work for everyone.

Gordon