View Single Post
Old July 15, 2015, 01:03 PM
Administrator

Default Reminds me of submarine training.

At Pearl Harbor there were "rooms" which simulated a sub. 7 or so guys would be in the room when the emergency started; a fire, flooding, etc.

If the room was being flooded and a fire (smoke bombs for simulation) we had just a couple of minutes to put out the fire and secure the room. It was sort of like musical chairs, we walked around the room and when the emergency began, whatever was in front of you had to be dealt with, electrical systems, air, and valves to be shut, communications.

You may do three or four a day, with different people and different events, but it was as real life training as we could get on shore. We drilled relentlessly while on board.

I had four actual emergencies on board, one was flooding, two were fires and one was when one of our test missiles was launched and didn't ignite, fell right back on the sub and then lit up...we reached the surface nose up and we dealt with the emergency.

I like the escape rooms, love one under water, make it interesting.

Thanks for finding these little known, unusual, odd-ball businesses, will make a great addition to your next book.

Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dien Rice View Post
Would you like the feeling of being trapped - and unable to escape?

Well... some people apparently do!

That's why they pay to be trapped in an "escape room"... which they have to escape from!

Think of it as a kind of real life puzzle...

Anyway, I think it's a fascinating new type of business...

Oh yes, and it can help to build a team mentality too (for corporate teams)!

London escape rooms are hot new twist to team-bonding business
http://www.lfpress.com/2015/05/03/lo...nding-business

Best wishes,

Dien