View Single Post
Old September 13, 2012, 11:09 AM
sandalwood

Default Re: you might be interested in this little program...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornell View Post
Hi Tom:

If you open the DNT+ t you will see the 3 icons (social networks, ad network, and companies)

Clicking on an icon will tell you who is doing the tracking.

Right now while I am on SOWPub I have 5 trackers blocked.....no social...1 ad....4 companies - 2 of which are Google.

Also the 1 ad is from Quantcast and after reading about them I think it may be coming from the hosting server for SOWPub.

Chartbeat...is an analytical script that may be monitoring the forum activities ...at least that is what I am taking from their web site.

Thanks Cornell,

What you say makes sense. I will have to look into it and see if I can figure it out using your explanation. I don't pretend to udnerstand all this stuff but when somebody holds my hand I can usually grasp it and go from there.

I appreciate your help.

Tom

P.S.

While in this thread I hit the do not track + and got this message:

You turned off privacy detection and blocking here.
You can block this site again.
I of course elected not to block this site the very first time I got this message. I cannot see what you reference in this box as the next thing in the box is:

You can also view the
complete list of sites that you allow to track you.

When I click on the offered link it shows me I have not blocked sowpub. Hell, I knew that. Still no 3 option offering. I will have to try DNT+ when I leave sowpub and see what happens. I'll report back.

Last edited by sandalwood : September 13, 2012 at 11:14 AM. Reason: add PS