View Single Post
Old March 1, 2020, 01:28 PM
Administrator

Default Say this is true: "an overblown press-created hysteria".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millard Grubb View Post
Just found this from Dr. Drew Pinsky on the Daily Blast when he was asked about the virus:

"We have in the United States 24 million cases of flu-like illness, 180,000 hospitalizations, 16,000 dead from influenza. We have zero deaths from coronavirus. We have almost no cases. There are people walking around out there with the virus that don’t even know they have it, it’s so mild. So it’s going to be much more widespread than we knew. It’s going to be much milder than we knew. The 1.7% fatality rate is going to fall. Where was the press during the Mediterranean Corona outbreak, where the fatality rate was 41%? Why didn’t they get crazed about MERS or SARS? This is an overblown press-created hysteria."

Something to think about.

OK, I buy it. An overblown press-created hysteria. And good thing it is Sunday, we can discuss without knowing the next move in the markets, which we will soon enough.

If the press has created this hysteria, what does that say about the fragility of our markets? Potential global instability while a local event occurs? Because of PERCEIVED bad news?

WOWZA, here I thought investors were more cold blooded, hard core get the money types rather than a scared little group of boys sitting around the campfire being told ghost stories.

Today's "press"...is there anyone, anywhere picking up viewers, listeners, READERS in the NEWS sections of the press? I found no evidence, but a lot that says newspapers are soon to be extinct (on paper), TV and Internet have their groups already, so who does this bad news benefit as far as press and media go?

The FOLLOW the money crowd, might say that fear mongering has long been a weapon of the far right. At the other end, fear benefits liberals and their social agenda.

Or there is DISTRACTION, we have a POTUS who is master of misdirection and distraction while pulling nothing out of his hat. Is the press using CORONAv to keep us from seeing something even more dastardly going on behind the scenes. Is it all part and parcel of the Illuminati plan for the New World Order.

Is it a precursor to MARTIAL LAW, which includes limited travel, will states follow and seal their borders? Will we need a passport to get into W. Virgina from Ohio? Fearmongering, pandemics, world economies at risk.

Now I am not a press or media person. Can't recall the last TV show (News) that I watched, and most important news of my day is usually the weather forecast, do I stay or do I go?

I just don't give that much credit to the PRESS as an organized entity and within the Press, the left and right divisiveness sort of cancels each other out.

WHO is the PRESS and what do they gain from creating this hysteria?

Gordon