View Single Post
Old February 19, 2023, 02:28 PM
Administrator

Default I still buy stuff via mail, but lately, I may quit.

I've got a dumb postal worker now, he can't read the address...if it was a one time thing, that would be one thing, but for two weeks, I've had to walk mail down the street and deliver it to the right address.

I am taking some stealth steps. Anyhow, I know for a fact that people have mailed me stuff, like a daughter sending Valentine card, a week before and still it hasn't arrived.

And then there are the things I still buy from catalogs and direct mail pieces too.

Let me tell you this, FULFILLMENT should be job one.

With Amazon et al giving one, two and very fast deliveries, any mail order company a person who doesn't respond quickly, is NOT GOING to be around for much longer.

Now, I did a postcard from one company, acknowledging receipt of payment, and some email of the same.

But when I send money via the mail, mostly Money Orders cause they are so easy to trace...and don't get any response, there is action.

And on those rare occasions I send cash (and I still do), I have come to accept that might be money tossed into the wind.

I have told about ordering some "booklets", which did arrive, and they came without follow up...I am convinced, that the small one man shop, with the exception of scams, or money pyramids schemes, all of those matrix things...the legit home based mail order business, may have died and I didn't get the obit notice.

Gordon