View Single Post
Old December 21, 2006, 12:13 AM
Onwards and upwards!

Default A related business lesson from Kirk Kerkorian (the 26th richest American)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garth View Post
Just as the Answer leaves Philly without question Stallone talks Rocky to answer a new question...

Can Rocky Pump Up The Pulpit?

In a unique twist I think Stallone is trying to niche is new Rocky movie that seems to picking up a lot of Adrian!aline.

Rocky has smartly a whole website where he gives, samples and strategy on how religious leaders can use the Rocky films to teach messages of spiritual growth .
Thanks Garth... I didn't know about this, and it's fascinating!

This reminds me of something I read about... In fact, it's a good business lesson. Which is, if possible, it's good to try to have multiple ways to make a profit from your products...

I know Kirk Kerkorian does this (or at least has in the past). He's currently ranked by Forbes as the 26th richest American.

In an earlier time (I think in the 1950s and 1960s), Kerkorian used to buy and sell planes. However, he also started what was called a "non-sked" airline. A "non-sked" airline was a "non-scheduled" airline, that is, they didn't have schedules like most planes do today. When they got enough passengers and/or cargo, they flew.

He did this so he could always make money from his planes. He'd buy a plane, then if he could resell it at a good price, he'd do so. If he couldn't resell it at a good price yet, he'd add it to his fleet of "non-sked" airplanes - so he'd make money that way. At least, until the time came where he could sell it for a good profit. He's always had multiple ways to make money from any thing he did.

It's a good business lesson, one we can learn from Rocky (Stallone) and Kerkorian (who, in his youth, was also an amateur boxer - known as "Rifle Right Kerkorian"!).

Cheers,

Dien