View Single Post
Old December 22, 2020, 07:42 AM

Default Re: Is this the latest cronut?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dien Rice View Post
Hi Gordon,

When I finally had a cronut - after you posted about it here - it was delicious!

I read an interesting article... Under Bob Iger, Disney transformed itself into having multiple franchises...

Before, the company was divided by product - for example, clothes, toys, home decor...

After, Bog Iger transformed Disney so the company was divided by franchise - Mickey Mouse, Disney Princess, Marvel, etc.

The thing is, in each "franchise", all the products support each other - so it makes sense. Mickey Mouse movies support Mickey Mouse-related television supports Mickey Mouse clothing supports Mickey Mouse toys, etc.

If you buy a Mickey Mouse T-shirt, it means you're more likely to also buy a Mickey Mouse wind up water swimmer (a real product)...!

Whereas, it is not the same for product categories... If you buy a Mickey Mouse T-shirt, it doesn't necessarily mean you're more likely to buy an Obi-Wan Kenobi T-shirt... (Since Mickey Mouse fans are not necessarily Star Wars fans.)

It also affects their "expansion" strategy... Rather than create new "orphan" products, they're more likely to keep building each franchise...

I thunk to myself - why not do the same for info-products? This is part of my plan for the next year ahead...

Hidden Business Ideas Letter car wax, here we come! (Okay, maybe not that one specifically!)

(And - as you know - there are so many other "seeds" for "franchises" in products I'm already selling which could be built on too... Maybe something we could work on together, if you have any interest...!)

In info-products, the clearest example I can think of off-hand is the late Jay Conrad Levinson's "Guerrilla Marketing" book... which led to an expansion into many other "Guerrilla Marketing" sub-category books... Like "Guerrilla Marketing for Non-Profits," "Guerrilla Marketing for Job Hunters," and "Guerrilla Networking" (and many others)...

Best wishes,

Dien

THANK YOU for giving me a wonderful idea !

I was a professional entertainer for many years. I often used magic tricks to make points. I can see it now:

Magic For Teachers
Also Magic For First Grade Teachers, Magic For High School Teachers, etc.

How about Magic For Sales People. Using Magic To Make Sales.

You get the idea.

I am going to look into this a bit further.