View Single Post
Old February 28, 2009, 11:32 PM
-TW

Default To put it another way...

If I am being scammed, isn't it enough for me to try and NOT be scammed?

Must I also figure out or offer a proactive 'anti-scam' too?

Here's my evidence that this (what Obama claims is URGENT + NECESSARY) IS all a scam...

When Bush (+ Paulson) said we MUST pass the TARP measure IMMEDIATELY, 'we' did ($700 billion +).

Again, it was said that it MUST be passed NOW-NOW-NOW -- not a SECOND to lose!

Then we gave out HALF the $$$ (immediately).

Now, months later, we...

-- Have NOT had a financial MELTDOWN (a severe slowdown, yes -- but not an entire COLLAPSE of the entire economy)

and...

-- We are not even sure WHERE the initial $350 billion in TARP $$$ went!

So, again we were ASSURED that financial armagedon would take place IMMEDIATELY if we did not spend that $770-bil tarp $$$ --- yet, NO collapse months later, after only having spent HALF the $$$, and we don't even know where that half went to, exactly.

So, we can only conclude that the initial scare tactics were just a complete BLUFF.

Why should we believe this latest 'crisis' is not just another BLUFF?

I say we all take some time + DISCUSS + THINK ABOUT what to do -- and how/if we should spend a TRILLION+ dollars.

Let's put into IMing terms...

Is the best way to get started in IMing to BUY EVERY GURUs BIGGEST PACKAGE in a buying FRENZY???

Yet, that is EXACTLY what this 'stimulus' package is doing, imo.

As Dan Kennedy says, if you can't make money without money, then you can't make money WITH money -- as counterintuitive as that sounds.

As Reagan said -- the govt isn't the solution -- the govt is the problem.

America isn't just a place, a border, and a geographic SHAPE on a map. It is the manifestation of an IDEA -- a very SPECIFIC idea.

It is born out of a SPECIFIC cauldron.

We had the 'revolutionary' war and KILLED the red coats, to get rid of exactly what Obama is attempting to HOME GROW!

Govt that got OUT OF HAND!

That is pretty much the entire purpose of the constitution and the bill of rights -- to CODIFY the concept of LIMITED govt.!

It's not just freedom from OTHER govt's -- IT IS FREEDOM FROM OUR OWN GOVT.

It seems to me, and others, that Obama is missing that point!

And, when it comes to America, there almost is no other point!

-- TW