View Single Post
Old August 23, 2021, 09:14 AM
Administrator

Default Our (my) history here at SowPub.

There was a time I had built up a list of several thousand BUYERS. And then I sat down, did the math, and figured out where I wanted to go, and what I didn't want to do.

Imagine a guy like Harvey Brody having a 100 dollar product, how many fans do you think he could get in the world? Maybe a million. YIKES!!

And today, with as much automation, outsourcing and hands off as one could muster, it could be a nice little sideline for Harvey Brody. A sideline pulling in a 100 million.

Meanwhile, back in my reality, although I had all the price ranges back in the day with high tickets of around 2k, and several 500 dollar offers, I wanted the Cialdini so called CLICK WHIRR cheep, cheep response, so I went cheap, cheap.

And started with 7 to 19 dollar products, but only offered a few times a year, and whittle the list down from thousands to those who would almost always buy. MY "pitch" was (and for the most part IS), if you can't afford the 10 to 20 bux for one of my info products, you need more help than I can offer, so good bye.

So, having a smaller list, with fewer offers per year, about 5 times, quarterly and at the Holidays...served me very well. For every 100 people on the list, I could count on about 1000 five times a year, so it was fun to see how that played out and how smaller lists (under 3k) could keep the food on the table.

Others went the higher route, selling higher priced items.

But what I witnessed, was a necessity to SELL their stuff, it became a COPY WAR, and as that war escalated, copy as a biz-op exploded, to the point where today we see so much crappy copy trying to sell crappy products.

That is a choice too. How much easier it is to say, "Hey, here's my latest, send me 10 bux, it's yours." And get high response rates quarter after quarter and year after year.

Sure, tons of moolah left on the table, but I doubt many of the IM gurus have had more free time these last 20 years to pursue other things...there is a trade off when going after bigger bux...unless you understand leverage and invest in more automatic, like a juke box in a bar.

Anyhow, Dien, thanks for pointing out how simple and easy it is to get a fan, a customer for life, and it doesn't take all that many to keep you in 1000 count cotton sheets, eh?

Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dien Rice View Post
You may be familiar with this concept... But in case you're not...

All you need to succeed (according to one point of view) is... 1,000 true fans.

If you can get 1,000 true fans, and get them to pay you an average of $100 per year... You'll bring in $100,000 a year.

This model can apply very widely, from info-product creators, to musicians and bands...

Of course, you can play with the numbers. If you can bring in an average of $1,000 per fan, then you only need 100 true fans to make $100,000!

This is a very viable way to make a living, doing what you love... If you can find enough other people who love it too (and want what you're creating)...

Here's the article...

1,000 True Fans
https://kk.org/thetechnium/1000-true-fans/

Best wishes,

Dien