View Single Post
Old May 22, 2003, 07:07 PM
Robert Campbell

Default Real estate investors, take note!

There seems to be a growing amount of interest on this board about investing in real estate - which is always the case as real estate prices reach the "skyscraper level" in the market cycle - so I thought I would share an insightful (and true) statement made by Dr. Mark Zandi, Chief Economist at Economy.com.

"The day of reckoning will come," says Dr. Zandi. "The longer the housing boom lasts, the deeper the eventual downturn."

Now, for those of you who don't trust economists, a careful study of history shows that big market moves to the upside are usually followed by big market moves to the downside.

Call it Sir Issac Newton's law of "action" and "reaction" or whatever you want, but no market goes in one direction forever and ever and ever ... either up or down.

Rubber bands only get stretched so far.

Micheal Ross tell me that housing prices have gone out of site in Australia, just like they have in California where I live.

Whether you like it or not, many of the real estate markets in the world are in the stratospheric zones of very high risk.

Remember, the first rule of money is to know when to protect it.

Robert Campbell

Timing the Real Estate Market