View Single Post
Old October 18, 2019, 11:37 PM
Rick

Default Re: What will you give away?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post
I don't know what a summit is, could you explain? And what are you giving away? How does it apply to what you are doing? Participants? Are they in your target market? Do their email lists fit your prospect criteria?

Gordon

A summit is one of those deals where the organizer brings together X number of people as speakers. Each person typically speaks once. You may have multiple speakers each day.

The live sessions are most often free. The summit will last seven to ten days. Once it's over, if a person wants to view the recordings they pay $Y price. This is the most typical format. To gain access the participant has to opt-in.

With a giveaway, the organizer assembles X number of contributors. Each of them provide their giveaway item. Again, to participate, people have to opt-in. The organizer gets the email addresses of all subscribers. The contributors get the email addresses of only those people who opt-in for their item.

In both cases, there would be a theme such as a weight loss summit (yes - it's a thing - I checked) or a health giveaway. I'm not thinking of joining any giveaways or summits right now. Just exploring options for now.

Rick