View Single Post
Old April 8, 2015, 10:38 PM
Onwards and upwards!

Default Re: Getting business stuff done - the Power of Routines...!

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmanator View Post
Speaking of routines, I actually started a new "routine journey" on January 1 of this year (2015) - from an idea that started to "form" back in December of last year (2014).
Hi John,

I love your index card system!

You're right, much success comes from doing little things, on a regular basis... Over time, it can add up to a lot!

By the way, around Feb. 1, I started a different program... It's called writing "10 ideas a day"...

I got it from James Altucher...

How to Have GREAT Ideas
http://www.jamesaltucher.com/2012/04...e-great-ideas/

The Ultimate Guide for Becoming an Idea Machine
http://www.jamesaltucher.com/2014/05...-idea-machine/

He claims, if you do this for 6 months each day, without fail... Your life will change within those 6 months!

Well... I'm just over 2 months in... and I do think my life has changed in multiple ways...

Part of the benefit, I think, is that if you come up with 10 ideas a day, and keep working your "idea muscle" (as Altucher puts it), when you do need ideas, you'll have your "idea muscle" all ready to go...!

I also became fascinated by Altucher's notion of using "ideas" as "currency"... The way this works is by giving your ideas away!

If you come up with ideas to help a business, and give them away, and the recipient finds them helpful... The benefit could return to you in some fashion.

While this was before I was doing the "10 ideas a day" thing, I have found helping others for free, often leads to opportunities! In the past, I've helped a restaurant owner with his marketing - I created a website for him, and also wrote some press releases which ran in various newspapers and brought in customers to his restaurant. I did it all for free. By doing this - I got to know some other people through that restaurant owner... I've learned a lot of new business knowhow from two people in particular I got to know through him, and a business opportunity has come about through one of those people... All by helping someone for free.

I think I may have gone off on a tangent... But, I love your index cards idea! I'll have to do something similar...

Best wishes,

Dien