View Single Post
Old December 30, 2007, 07:44 PM
MichaelRoss

Default Here we go again...

Steve,

Thanks for jumping in.

Time to butt heads again, eh?

You do not Attract anything to you. All that happens is... you Notice something that was already there. While simultaneously Ignoring those things that you see but which you Consider of no Value at that moment in time.

For example: How many times have you thought of someone and a few minutes later they call you on the phone?

Now ask... how many times have you thought of that same person and they did NOT call?

You remember the matches but forget the mismatches. Then attribute Mysticism to the matches. I am going to requote what you quoted and show a slightly different wording to More Accurately describe what's going on...

"Opportunities do not haphazardly fall into the laps of lucky people. Instead, those people are unconsciously doing all sorts of things to increase their chances of attracting good fortune. They are looking at the big picture, opening their minds to the unexpected, breaking routines and connecting with others."

Now my Edited version...

Opportunities do not haphazardly fall into the laps of lucky people. Instead, those people are unconsciously doing all sorts of things to increase their chances of noticing opportunities. They are looking at the big picture, opening their minds to the unexpected, breaking routines and connecting with others. And filling their head with information on how others have done things. So their brain can then pick bits from here and there and put them together.

If I study how Bob sells Apples and Stan sells Oranges and Gertrude sells Stockings all from sidewalk stalls. There is a good chance that if I read about being a Distributor for tasty bananas, I'll Instantly Think of ways I could sell them on the sidewalk. That I chose to read such magazines while Ne'er-do-wells would rather read the sports pages and girly magazines is not about Attracting anything. It's about making Productive Use of my time.

Onward...

The Secret and all it's mysticism has it backwards - so does Hill et al. It doesn't work...

Imagine it over and over to
increase your desire to
inspire you to action.

Wanting a thing causes you to imagine it and take action. Imaging doesn't bring it about. It's your Action fueled by your wanting. And you cannot manufacture the wanting out of thin air. Repeating Mantras ad infinitum just wastes time. Reading and re-reading goals does nothing. If you WANT first, the rest is a RESULT of that.

It's a fine lime, timewise, but it is an important one to grasp.

Otherwise, there would be plenty of men who would become women because that is what they hold in their minds all day long.

If I want - truly want - I don't need to write down goals. Although, I might write it down just like a dreamy teenage girl writes how she LUVS justin Timberlake, or John, Paul, George or Ringo from decades past. All those girls dreaming and wishing and repeating and even taking actions, results in Nothing. If Timberlake does happen to get with One such girl, that doesn't mean it Worked. Because, as I mentioned earlier, it ignores all the failures.

Michael Ross