View Single Post
Old February 24, 2013, 01:01 PM
Administrator

Default 30 day fast start by using the White Board and POA,

Many here have used this technique to flesh out ideas or to get projects done.

When I arrived in New Mexico to help Boz write his report on headlight cleaning, we set up a white board, his was a 3x2 foot board.

At the top was the timeline and along the left side was the POA. We set a goal of 30 days. Boz told me what he wanted to include and we set up daily goals. We finished it in 21 days because as he got more familiar with using the POA, his work accelerated.

He pulled in a quick 1000 dollars in the first week of selling, all within the first 30 days. He was hooked on the SQ1,

He wrote a book on piloting using the SQ1, had most of a book on real estate investing done, had a fiction story "Chessie" about an old crop duster who sits around the hangar playing chess...

And he made monthly updates to the headlight cleaning business.

He used the SQ1 to get his ranch listed, to get chores done around the place and he used the portable white boards for dozens of projects.

Others have found just the White Board to be enough to get them busy and to stay on track for a short while, 30 days is a good project time line.

If you only use the POA, you can overcome the habit of procrastination.

Like Boz discovered, you too have a lot of gold within you that could be mined if you overcome the hobby of wasting time and get focused on doing what you know you could do...if you only had the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dien Rice View Post
Hi Gordon,

Thanks for posting about the Square One Workshops!

It's definitely powerful for getting clarity in your life of where you want to go. I think I'll sit down and do one for myself this weekend (I haven't gone through it for a while, and it's about time)...

Another thing I really like - which a lot of other systems are lacking in - is that the SQ1 is also all about life balance.

Gordon's "5 paths of life" are...

Financial, Physical, Relationships, Mental, Spiritual

You wanna get all these in order so that you can have a balanced life. "Finance" is very important, but it is only one component in a balanced life. You need the others, too.

As I've found out recently, Health (part of the "Physical" path) is very important. (Thankfully, I seem to be getting back on track regarding that, thanks to a pretty strict diet...)

The diagrams look pretty complex when you first see them, but if you go through Gordon's lessons, they are easy to follow...

His "Finance" path gives a pretty excellent overview on exactly how "making moolah" works... He rips away the curtain, and reveals the mechanisms!

Best wishes!

Dien