View Single Post
Old August 31, 2012, 11:06 AM
Administrator

Default As per the OP's wonderings...

Sell off line businesses Web services or actually leave the house?

I responded that Time is Time.

How much time was spent on the Bob Ross project? Or any advertising sales vehicle? Don Alm is the self appointed MASTER of this, and he has hit the streets for decades.

A guy doing giant postcards or sending out email and answering questions, supporting the project, etc. spends how much time?

I don't know.

Nor CARE.

There are just too many other ways to spend your time, to leverage it, and to maximize the income from the amount of time you spend.

Beating a dead horse into glue here, one can Chattel at higher levels and make as much as a 5000 postcard mailing using Every Door USPS service in a single morning, which may take a few weeks to sell the ads and get the printing done and back and distributed. So, what advantage is there to spend time doing this, when I can be doing that?

It is all about what one wants to do. Once they have been exposed to the higher leveraged ways to spend less time and make more money, it is hard to go back to the WORK Werk?!! way of doing things.

So, if selling online services is your cup of tea, just keep doing it.

I stay with basic thoughts.

Who do I want for a customer? How much is their lifetime value?
What can I provide to help this person in some way?

Those kinds of things...but first and foremost is, HOW MUCH TIME is it going to take to pull this thing off?

But we each get to ask our own basic questions and to resolve our TIME use in the direction of our goals, eh?

gja

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbyc View Post
Prophet,

I have done it a few times and personally don't find it mixes well with my personality. I really don't enjoy continued pestering to do small things on the site, and ongoing maintenance isn't always my strong suite.

If it interests you, I would say go for it. There's only one way to find out. If you're a good salesman you should consider using something as a loss leader and then coming in with a series of backend products.

My latest venture was BobRoss's giant mailers which are cool and could be used as a loss leader. I found them to be a lot of work for the money I pulled in and time invested but other people were more successful with them. With more tweaking they could be an even better project.

One point Kyle Tully said was that you shouldn't go after the big projects at first, you should start with something simple such as fixing their On Page SEO for a set price, next their Google Places and so on. This is probably where I went wrong with the concept.

Good luck and happy earning,

Shelby