Thread: What is wealth?
View Single Post
Old November 14, 2000, 10:57 AM
Dien Rice

Default What is wealth?

What does wealth mean to different people?

To some it means *money*....

To others it means *happiness*....

And still to others it means *appreciation for what you have*....

If "wealth" means "happiness" then it is true that some rich people are not wealthy, and some who seem quite poor are actually very wealthy (as long as their basic needs are met)....

I hope Julie doesn't mind me mentioning this, but one thing that Julie Jordan Scott talks about is "abundance".... and appreciating the abundance that is around you. Seeing what you have, and appreciating it....

Did you know, we are at the wealthiest time in history? Think about it....

Not even the world's most powerful king 200 years ago could travel at anywhere near 50 miles an hour!

The world's most powerful emperor, just 100 years ago, could die from smallpox, something which has been eradicated in the modern world!

The earth's most powerful sovereign 100 years ago could not chat instantly with many other people on the other side of the earth today, the way we do right now on the internet!

If that's not a type of wealth, I don't know what is....

We are all incredibly wealthy.... We are ALL wealthier than the richest king or queen in the world was 100 years ago, in terms of what we have. We possess and use things they never even dreamed of.... Sometimes (as I've learned from Julie), it's wise to reflect on the ABUNDANCE that we have already in our lives.... :)

Thanks... :)

Dien Rice