View Single Post
Old September 6, 2003, 02:17 AM
John Palma

Default I Generally Stay Away From Controversy...but

Your comment sort of sparked a need to speak up on this one.

You said, "You may hate his style but it gets results."

I'm probably going to be the lone ranger here, but it seems to me this kind of philosophy has done more harm to society than good.

I am well aware of Gary, as well as Dan Kennedy, and have had the opportunity to study their materials and such.

But I hope I never lose my perspective that "the end never justifies the means", which is what your comment seemed to be saying.

Sorry, but I don't believe it does. To me, there is more to life and business than what I see in the lives of Gary and his newsletters.

Do I read them? Yes...but at arms length.

Do I learn? Yes. But I miss a lot due to the style.

I am many times saddened in my spirit that the tools used by Gary is so gutterish.

Even the email address of NoSexGary@ is not necessary.

You said. "Gary creates a copy-writing car-wreck that you just have to slow down and gawk at."

"Gawk At"...I rather pity the man.

You said, "And your opportunity to have meaningful impact will be in direct proportion to your willingness to offend".

I believe the tally will show that folks like Bill Myers, Jim Rohn, and others in those camps have actually had more "meaningful impact". And they deliver without the "trash talk".

Life isn't just measured by the "impact" we have had, but rather it is the impact we have had measured against the impact we could have had.

But, as in all things, that's just an opinion.

Regards,
John Palma

New Release...A Step By Step Business Start-up Diary