Thread: {Le Sigh}
View Single Post
Old February 10, 2012, 07:30 AM
Cornell

Default Re: {Le Sigh}

Hi Tina:

2 thoughts.

I wouldn't wait until your second product is out or ready to come out before taking on affiliates for the first product.

When you are ready to announce your first product on that 'other forum' I would build into the offer instant affiliate status....everyone who purchases immediately becomes an affiliate...some will actually promote it but most won't.

The idea would be to have some affiliate marketers in place from the first product and ready to promote the second when it is ready to go rather than starting to look for affiliates.

I am not a big fan of 100% commission going to the affiliate unless the price point is very low.....the reason being that any one who is an affiliate will expect that 100% on further products and when they can't have it they falter on promoting or just won't sign on for the product that isn't 100%.

Not to mention you have done the work and if you go 100% your only income will be from the initial sale to the affiliate...you are drying up passive income.

Without knowing your product lineup I would be tempted to go one step further and make it a membership site...if you are wanting it a no brainer to become a member then do an offer on the 'other forum' at half price entrance....regular price $12 per month ...half price entrance $6 per month. ...and offer resell rights to all the products (you will add at least one new one each month)....kicker here is that they will actually be affiliates because you will not turn over the product to them....their purchasers will have to come to your site for the purchase and the download...essentially the same as being an affiliate with 100% commission....except with a twist of words you now have a passive membership income.

We actually do it a bit different...with our software we have turned resell rights into a licensing and passive income that works quite nicely for us....resell rights sold in bundles for x amount and when the resellers have sold that number they must return and purchase another bundle...some balk at it but it does create a passive income (something that resell rights don't generally provide)....but the membership idea I think would work for you from your explanation of your plans.

Secondly I think perhaps you should explore www.pinterest.com ...a social site with a twist and growing by leaps and bounds.... and stats on it say it is populated by 60% female, 40% male at this time...so if your product lends itself more to the female buyer could be an even better fit.

In fact I believe Tiffany Dow put out a product on the 'other forum' about it within the last week.

Just things perhaps for you to ponder upon.

Cornell