View Single Post
Old July 17, 2009, 04:19 AM
Eternal Optimist

Default Re: TOTALLY SUDDEN (+ troublesome) mindset shift - anyone else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by -TW View Post

What I once saw as a vast field of possibilities (biz-wise), I now see as a bogus bunch of bubbles + illusions.

Hi, TW - you've been on my mind because I've been wondering/worrying about how you're getting on? I hope you're in a better place than when you first started this thread.

Anyway, I came across a really great book yesterday which I thought might give your business a good structure - it came from a company called Infusionsoft. They are software suppliers of a customer relationship managment software - and, naturally, they hope that a percentage of people who read this ebook will eventually subscribe to their service. However, it is definitely not a prerequisite and, because I thought it such a fantastic read and a great manual for building, I decided to post a link to it here. It's not an affiliate link (although if the product's as good as the book, it should be!)

The start of the book tells of how Clate Mask, who started up a company with college buddies, was in a terrible financial hole:

Quote:
I felt particular embarrassment one night when my son asked, "Dad, why are you so mad?"

"Because a freakin' creditor called me on a Sunday!" I snapped at him

The next question was, "What did he want?"

"He wanted to know why I hadn't paid my bills."

"Well Dad, did you tell him it's because you haven't made enough sales?"

He then goes on to describe how the company started to grow, how they managed everything better and how this was the start of the CRM software that they sell now.

Like I say, this isn't a pitch for the software - this is just a pitch to read the book because it gives a structure (and a reason for the structure) to building a business; it applies to my own shop just as it does to online business or a manufacturer. I printed the book off - because I want to dip in and out of it every now and again.

OK, you can find the book, called "The Edge of Success" at http://www.infusionsoft.com/ebooks

... I haven't read the others ..... yet

Best
Margaret