View Single Post
Old February 3, 2012, 10:01 AM
sandalwood

Default Re: Never-ending Mthly Subscription Services! Cotton Tampons, M/B Hotsheet Infovertising

My son lived in Northern Ireland and worked in the call center for one of the British super market chains. The call center took calls from people who didn't get what they had ordered.

It worked like this. Joe calls the market and orders 10 items which are delivered to his door. But, he only gets 9. Instead of phoning the store he has to call the call center and lodge his complaint. The call center does all of the followup.

The grocery stores on that side of the pond are the same as the grocery stores on this side of the pond meaning if we sell it in our stores it is sold in their stores. I'll leave it to your imagination to figure out some of the items that were missing or the wrong size.

As a side note, he said some of the callers would ask for the "Yank" because they loved his accent. He grew up in California so I don't know what accent they were hearing but they loved it.

The point to the story is simple. If tampons and socks can be delivered, why not something else we all use? Maybe the sites Phil and Dien give us will stir the next home delivery facebook billion dollar look alike.

I'd love to hear a sowpubber came up w/the product.