View Single Post
Old March 15, 2020, 01:32 PM
Administrator

Default Maybe time for the reemergence of the Midnight Baker.

We'll see. The initial fear/panic run on stores wiped out Toilet Paper and many cleaning supplies, as well as RAMEN (see, I told you so).

Also reports of BREAD going, especially in rural stores where they normally only deliver a couple of times a week, not daily like in big cities.

I mentioned bread machines above, and barter. There was a time, when I was the midnight baker on the town beneath the sea, and everyone was sleeping cept the midwatch and me...

40 loaves left to cool.

I used to bake up to 40 loafs of bread a night. And that in the relatively tiny ovens of a submarine.

Consider pizza shops, which I think are going to thrive, with delivery...who have big ovens and could easily bake dozens of loafs of bread an hour overnight when not making pizza.

With millions of school kids staying home, the old baloney, peanut butter and jelly and other sandwiches will be a daily staple. And snacks, potato chips and doritos will soar in sales, if they don't run out of stock.

I think the pizza shop owner who gets creative and offers delivery, will find all kinds of new business, and avails himself to the opportunity.

Maybe I can trade a loaf a bread
for a jug of wine,
and thou,
can eat left over pizza crusts...

The whole meals on wheels concept may be about to boom!

GordonJ