View Single Post
Old February 20, 2020, 07:29 PM
Administrator

Default From beneath the covers, I shout...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dien Rice View Post
As you know Gordon, I've been reading a LOT about copywriting lately...

I forgot exactly where, but I was reading about the LIMITATIONS of using FEAR...

Yes, "fear" is a very powerful emotional motivator. You see it in politics all the time. Plus to help sell many other products - from security alarms to survival gear to swimming pool fencing...

But, what if you use TOO much "fear"?

Imagine your prospect... reading or hearing or watching your ad... Getting the living bejesus scared out of him.

Leaping into bed, huddling under the covers, shivering, every pore dripping with sweat as he clings to the bedsheets, white-knuckled...

This guy is not going to buy your product - he's frozen and petrified! How is he going to whip out a credit card and read it, let alone type in the numbers, when his hands are trembling...?

Too much fear - and the person ain't gonna buy! He's going to be hiding under the blanket, praying...

It sounds like a joke - but I think it's true! Fear can be "over-used" in marketing, if you're not careful...

- Dien

ALEXA, order some more heritage seeds from Amazon Prime, I want them by tomorrow.

And yes, praying the Amazon delivery guy doesn't call off sick.

GJA

PS. Even scarier, some woman at the Bingo hall giving me the come hither eyeball...YIKES, now thats some fear my friend, pure fear.