Thread: Hauling Ice
View Single Post
Old December 5, 2011, 05:54 PM
Administrator

Default Re: Hauling Ice

Rick,

For your consideration...more parties between Thanksgiving and New Years Day than at any other stretch of time...

guess what all parties need? Did you say Ice?

Do some local homework, do you have colleges (they like to party)...

Clubs, like Eagles...although many have their own ice machines, you could show them how to save money with TWICE THE ICE...that's the big sales pitch for these guys...and the bottled water, which is the lowest I've seen...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickC View Post
Being stuck in my 9 to 5 job with no place to go, no raises in three years, multiple supverisors telling you what to do at any given time, and having pesky gnats to fly in my face during lunch. I have been looking for an offline business to persue for about 9 months now.

Bozo, I am seriously looking into this and did a lot of homework on it over the weekend. This company has a really great product at a great price. They are NOT in my area of the woods yet. I have emailed them for more info about dealerships/ownership possibilities. My only conern is that I am in a northern state and maybe this affects the ice business during the colder months....I don't know. I'm going to ask the local sellers of ice how it goes during this time of year.

Thanks for posting this. It may or may not work out but my wife and I are certainly checking it out and believe it has potential for us to begin something very worthwhile.

Also, you may be able to provide purified water to mom and pops who don't have the volume to have a big jug or their own system...but want to use it in their coffee.

The guy here, this is his third one...so he probably makes some dough.

Investigate...and wait a few days. Our SowPubber is working on a report all about low cost franchises and even low cost SUCCESSFUL licensing deals...he may find something that might be perfect for you.

Gordon