View Single Post
Old December 27, 2018, 11:22 AM
Administrator

Default Re: 3 new ways to make some fast cash for 2019.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance View Post
How do you find out
1) What you are buying?
2) What stuff you are looking for?

Lance

Via email [email protected] put CHATTEL in the subject header.

Here is what you will get in the reply; mostly questions.

Where do you live? (Can't buy snowblowers in FL).
What, if any experience do you have?
Do you collect anything? Do you have knowledge or experience on any subject?
Do you play a musical instrument?
Do you have connections to local municipalities.

I'd be glad to answer more questions here.

What I have: NETWORKS of buyers.

Across a wide range of things. I have a local buyer of big construction equip, who also does municipal buys; firetrucks, police cars, utility trucks.

My networks are established CHATTELERS who have been doing it for decades, they buy and sell stuff.

From tiny pocket watches and pens, to big CATS and earthmovers.

So, what I buy (or pay a Finder's Fee on) depends on what my networks are looking for. Some times, it comes down to fiscal years, so many cities, counties or municipalities have big auctions in June. Just depends.

If I have a buyer ready, willing and ABLE to make a quick transaction, they are at the top of the list...others may be looking down the road, to the future.

Certain things are always going to be bought and sold. A municipality needs fire trucks, police cars, utility trucks...some of the poorer rural areas buy used equipment. As do many people who sell internationally. As I tried to do this past year and FAILED big time. Because it depends on too many people.

The fewer people, the better. So, YOU knowing a seller, ME, knowing a buyer and we hook up and everyone wins. Any further questions?

GordonJ

PS. Always looking for low hours on tractors, big rigs, CATS. Only because there is an established buyer down the street.

But, will consider anything, just depends on who in my network is buying.

All agreements are in writing, which normally includes non compete and non disclosure clauses and you are encouraged to run this by your attorney first.

On some bigger transactions, there might be an escrow involved, for all of our protections.

Last edited by GordonJ : December 27, 2018 at 01:46 PM.