View Single Post
Old March 11, 2008, 11:54 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Do I need a scientist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Hatchett View Post
Does anyone know how you would take a liquid product and figure out what is in it so I could create my own. Do I need a scientist to break it down? Where do I go? Who do I talk too?

Thank You,
Jason Hatchett

Some years ago...I was looking into manufacturing a "cosmetic cream" based on what was already available. I found a "Cosmetic Co" in Chgo that told me what was in the jars I gave them...and the proportions...so I could create something similar.

They charged $500 for the breakdown. No idea what they'd charge today but a "Cosmetic Co" or "Chemical Laboratory" in the YP of a big city should
help.

A guy named "Glenn Turner" took an existing line of cosmetics and paid a Cosmetic Co to duplicate the line....and Glenn, being the promoter he was, added a wee drop of something he called "Mink Oil"....and went on to make millyuns.

I'm sure you can find "Independent Labs" in big cities that can give you what you want...without charging an arm and a leg.

Ohhh...there IS one other way of finding out what your liquid consists of;

Us people who are hooked on watching the 3 CSI shows know that their "Crime Labs" can tell in minutes exactly what is in a liquid.

So...go murder someone and toss the liquid on the body. The CSI Lab WILL tell you exactly what's in the liquid...only problem is...you won't be able to do anything with it...you'll be too busy watching your backside in the slammer.

Don Alm