View Single Post
Old July 29, 2000, 03:30 AM
Paul Short

Default The greatest teacher of all...

is also the greatest student...

I have also been given the opportunity to read the RH... and it proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that the subject line, and first line of this post is true.

The public school system, and most other teaching systems do not take into account the individuality of the student.

From kindergarten, we are placed into the "system". A system that works great for most, but fails miserably for others. Being pigeonholed, or "classified" into a certain group allows no room for REAL learning... Innovation...

If I had known that algebra was actually used as a mind development and analytical tool in my high school years, I would have done a heck of a lot better than I did. Instead I continuously asked "How am I ever gonna apply this a+b=c in real life?"

Why did no one tell me??!!??

To me the sum of two or more letters is equal to a word... a nown, verb, adjective.... not a number...

Am I any less smart than the average Joe? I like to think I'm at least equal... whenever I purchase something at a store, I can blurt out the actual price of the purchase, including taxes, before the cashier punches it up on the register.

Anyway, that's how *I* saw things as an individual... as an individual... as an individual... different from others... RH is an unparalelled insight into individuality... individuality...

Is there an echo in here? Have you asked yourself the same questions? Come on... you know you have... [:o)

Paul Short

CEO Hurricane Promotions