View Single Post
Old August 14, 2022, 12:47 PM
Administrator

Default I come here to agitate, stimulate or provocate...hopefully, in a NOT so boring way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevord92 View Post
Thanks Gordon.

Supply side seems OK generally - have had a handful of products that I can't re-source but they are very much in the minority. Price changes (especially on Aliexpress) are a lot more frequent but a Chrome plugin takes care of that.

And, of course, if I don't sell I don't make money but with a good mix of items (and fingers crossed I don't jinx things by saying this!) generally sales get made.

Ebay & Amazon are relatively low fee to list and then it's pay when sold. I prefer Ebay's basic advertising model - pay them extra money if they introduce the sale.

Of course, it would be good to be on the Ebay side of the equation - have a website, get paid whenever anyone buys anything on it.

You've set my mind thinking again about that kind of model - software as a service (which is essentially what Ebay is) is on my radar. Thanks!

You know, I am all about when the aliens attack, and we are thrown back into the middle ages. So, mostly, I should be taken with a grain of salt with a little pepper thrown in.

I'm all about people doing their own thing, whatever works for them.

I've taken a long road to get to my current attitudes...I've dealt with the slop and mess of business; the employee headaches, the partner betrayals, the supply side snatched away...so I am jaded.

Any given Software, is a rug and although most are nailed to the floor, I don't want to be standing on the one that gets pulled out from under me.

We advoacte multiple streams, and I especially like off line relationships, where both parties perform given duties and are compensated appropriately.

I say all this for some of our newer members, who haven't been exposed to my attitudes yet and may wonder; "Where does this guy come off..."

Anyhow, if anything IS WORKING, then find ways to scale, maximize profits, eliminate time spent and carry on.

I don't ever know what is right for someone else, and when I post, it is mostly me telling the world what is right for ME. If that somehow stimulates, or provocates, then I've done my job...and I happily accept the big bux Dien pays me to be here.

Gordon

Last edited by GordonJ : August 14, 2022 at 01:37 PM.