View Single Post
Old October 14, 2008, 12:20 PM
-TW

Default Re: Qualifying IS part of the problem!...

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.B. Jenkins View Post
TW,

Correction #5. Sales people have always had to provide 100% to close the sale. There is no such thing as win-win in sales. It's winning and winner. The sales person is winning when they close the sale. The customer is the winner if they get the product/service when they want it, how they want it, and at the price they want to pay.

Hi LB...

Thanks for the advise -- it all makes good sense -- except for #5, imo. After 15 years, there SHOULD be a certain amount of 'coasting' that I SHOULD be able to enjoy. The boulder should be PARTIALLY pre-rolled up the hill, no? I shouldn't have to start from absolute zero every time. And that includes being given the respect of getting called back when I contact them because they ASKED ME TO CONTACT THEM.

Also, as for gov't selling taking a long time, I'm fine with that. What I was pointing out is, the give + take on the phone (phone tag, etc.) is over an extended period of time, which means the client's motivation must also be spread out over a long period of time -- therefore it's more likely to disapate, compared to a normal (shorter) sales cycle.

-- TW

PS: Thanks again.