View Single Post
Old February 15, 2013, 12:32 PM
BizmanBret

Default Re: Seeking idea for $50-$100 small business services or products to offer.

Here is another project that I completed (inspired by Don Alm) that "paid" off. I found a graphic designer on Craigslist that could design my ads. I decided to create a pizza box top flyer with business card-sized ads on the front and back. I created a mock-up and started walking in businesses and asking for the owner. I sold them for $195 each, and there were 10 ads per side, with the pizza place's ad in the middle(a coupon). It was a full-color flyer with a glossy finish. I simply sketched out the ad design and sent it to my graphics guy, Tim. Sometimes the business had a camera ready design of their business card and it was easy to have Tim just pop that into the flyer. This was a little easier project due to only having to sell and design 22 ads. The pizza place agreed to tape a flyer on each box that was sold as a take-out order. His ad was free on both sides of the flyer. I also paid for the scotch tape to attach the flyer. I did this twice and the pizza owner was happy each time. I will probably do this again in the summer so I have time during the day to sell. If I can do this anyone can. It is scarry until you sell the first ad, then you get a huge confidence boost and away you go. You can do this!